Stealth Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Stealth Gaming!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Community Status: CLOSED! As the entire Council came to an agreement, we thought it would be best that we close the community. We have good leadership, but this isn't the right time for most of us to create a community at the moment. Thank You, The Council

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SG Mobious DC
Division Commander
Division Commander
SG Mobious DC

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Empty
PostSubject: Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 6:15 pm

A little background...

I remember when Call of Duty 3 was in every single Xbox 360 in every single game store... that and King Kong... but Call of Duty was revolutionary in the way shooters were made. Especially when Call of Duty Modern Warfare came out. It was as popular as Halo 3, a great feat of the time. So when Modern Warfare 2 was announced, the world went crazy!

The story, my favorite!

Three words... Oh my God. This story picks up right where it left off basically. From the very instant they throw you into the action, you are enthralled in the fighting. You go from training the trainees to blowing up enemies with your grenade launcher! One of my favorite aspects of the game was that you get to see Soap again. And he talks, AND he's a captain now! This game is full of nonstop action, ranging from some amazing sniping opportunities to driving and shooting people off their snowmobiles as you fly down a mountain side... not to mention the giant chasm you jump at the end. The storyline never fails to grab your attention and never let go. This game never lost my interest; I am constantly playing just to see what is around the next corner! Once I started this game, I didn't give my controller a rest until those credits rolled. Another wonderful thing was the characters. All of these characters are so unique, each with his own personality that stands out. This is so rare in a game; dynamic, believable characters. Too many designers try to focus so much on the innovative game play that they completely ignore another KEY part of video games, the STORY. Infinity Ward definitely went all out when it came to making this game, with great game play and an extremely compelling story. Which brings me to my next part...

Ze game play!

From the extremely discreet tutorial (I love those!) to the throwing of a knife at someone's -AHEM.-, this game feels amazing. Some shooters feel very robotic, but this one s about as good as it gets. Your character's movements are so fluid; you don't feel held back at all by the restrictions of a thumbstick. During the firefights, you can hear bullets whizzing over your head, and you can hear everyone barking orders at each other as you duck and weave through all of the cover and obstacles, all of this seriously captivating you in the moment you're in. And I must say I do love the guns in the game... they are so pretty. The way the gun firess, and the satisfying blood splurt from the enemies' bodies... yeah... I really don't know what else I can say to describe how close this game is to absolute perfection. It's almost indescribable from the guns, the recoil, the yelling, the bullets, the enemies' numbers slowly thinning out, the movement... it's all so beautiful. I think I'm going to cry. Kudos to you Infinity Ward...

Multiplayer

Okay, if you haven't played the multiplayer of this game yet, you need to stop reading this right now, go to your nearest game store and nicely tell the lady or gentleman behind the counter that you have yet to play this game online. If they panic, ask them to stay calm, that there is still time for them to give you a copy of this game. It is just as perfect as everything else in this game. Tired of all the same stuff? You can make a class to suit your very needs. Tired of taking way too many bullets to kill those seemingly invincible enemies? Throw some stopping power on that class and show them what you can really do. Like shooting at people's ankles instead of dying when you totally should have? Throw on the last stand perk. You have a massive array of perks and guns to choose from to create your ideal, perfect class. Not to mention that this game has one of the largest list of online game modes that I've ever seen. They have something for everyone! Die too much? Try Sabotage or Headquarters, so you don't really noticeably hurt your team. Are you one of those pricks that I shoot at and put my whole clip in them and THEY JUST WON'T DIE!?! (Sorry... I get excited...) Well then! Team Deathmatch or maybe some Search and Destroy sounds good for you. There is a little something for everyone. Especially with the new and improved (that never made sense to me... how can something be new AND improved... if it's new, isn't it the first version?... oh well... I digress... ) the killstreak system!! Are you a total buttkicker? Throw a nuke on there! Are you not that good? Throw a UAV on there so you can help out those that ARE better than you and would like to know where the enemies are so they can shove a good 'ol carpet bomb, or harrier strike down their throats. Man, this online multiplayer is so satisfying... I love customization... I could go on and on, but this section has dragged on long enough.

Spec-Ops (Another game mode?! -Gasp!-)

For those who didn't get enough of the campaign, or simply suck at multiplayer - have no fear! This is the mode for you. Here is a game mode that you can play all by yourself if you don't have any friends. And if you do, you're in luck! You can play this with them! And let me tell you, it's so much easier when you go down and can be picked up... Anyway, each mission has a specific objective, whether it be kill all of the enemies, or simply reach the other end of the map. Whatever the objective, when you complete it you get a star! You can earn up to three per mission. The number of stars depends on the difficulty you play on. But not only do the enemies get harder as the difficulty increases, so does the objective. Where on recruit you have maybe about 10 minutes to get to a certain point, you now have 5. Regardless of however you play, this game mode is definitely fun if you wanna run a quick mission. Do you have what it takes to earn that 69th star?

Everyone's favorite... IN A NUTSHELL!!!

This is an amazing game that has a story of epic proportions with great game play, an amazing multiplayer being one of the best on Xbox Live right now. This game is definitely a buyer, with my rating being a whopping 9.5/10.

A message to my readers...

Okay, if you read this entire thing I want to thank you greatly for all of the time you took for reading the whole darn thing. And if you only read the nutshell and this paragraph, thanks for at least checking me out and giving it thought! Be sure to leave me any of your questions or comments. It you think my reviews go too far from the topic at hand, or are just waaay too bizarre, then please let me know. This is only my second review and some feedback would be great; I'm trying to get the hang of this. Thanks guys! Long live Stealth Gaming!

Thanks again,
Mobious :]
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mobious622
SG Pr3cision CL
Council
Council
SG Pr3cision CL

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 6:17 pm

Nice job! I love this game.
Back to top Go down
https://stealthgaming.forumotion.com
SG Mobious DC
Division Commander
Division Commander
SG Mobious DC

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 11:55 pm

Meee toooo.
Back to top Go down
SG Maverick CL
Council
Council

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 12:13 am

Good stuff man, i love how you describe the multiplayer and campaign so much...
definitely a keeper!
Back to top Go down
SG Defusion SC
Section Commander
Section Commander
SG Defusion SC

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 2:46 am

For those who didn't get enough of the campaign, or simply suck at multiplayer - have no fear!

That was real funny!
Back to top Go down
SG Mobious DC
Division Commander
Division Commander
SG Mobious DC

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 8:19 am

=P I tells it as I sees it.
Back to top Go down
Keza

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 1:17 pm

Lol, Very good Smile
Back to top Go down
SG Pr3cision CL
Council
Council
SG Pr3cision CL

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 4:08 pm

MW2 = My favorite game.
Back to top Go down
Keza

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 4:16 pm

I am starting to like WaW again now Smile
Back to top Go down
SG Pr3cision CL
Council
Council
SG Pr3cision CL

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 5:17 pm

Oh, wow!
Back to top Go down
SG Defusion SC
Section Commander
Section Commander
SG Defusion SC

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 10:14 pm

WaW? Ahh hell nah lol
Back to top Go down
SG Pr3cision CL
Council
Council
SG Pr3cision CL

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 3:59 pm

I never liked CoD: WaW.
Back to top Go down
SG Mobious DC
Division Commander
Division Commander
SG Mobious DC

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 5:33 pm

Me neither.
Back to top Go down
SG Pr3cision CL
Council
Council
SG Pr3cision CL

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 5:58 pm

CoD4 was way better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2   Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1